Quick-n-Easy Sweet-n-Yummy Cranberry Apple Rice Recipe
This one’s a quickie. Why? RICE COOKER, that’s why!
That’s right, one of my most treasured kitchen tools is my handy dandy rice cooker. I mean really, how can anyone not love “press the button” cooking?
With the rice cooker it’s so easy to mix different yummy flavors in with your rice.
Feel like some Indian flavors? Add some curry, raisins and light coconut milk to the rice cooker.
Want some Spanish style rice? Throw in some crushed tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
This day I was having a little sweet tooth attack, so I decided to go for something sweet and yummy.
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups vegan vegetable broth
- 1 or 2 handfuls of dried cranberries, sweetened or unsweetened depending on your mood
- Chopped onions – how much? Depends on how much you like onions! I used about a quarter of an average sized red onion
- Chopped apple – I used about a half an apple – as I said, I was having a sweet tooth attack 🙂
- Diced garlic cloves – I looooove garlic, so I used about 6 cloves
- Couple of spoons of vegan margarine
Throw everything into the rice cooker.
Press the button.
Woohoo! See I told ya it was easy. Rice cookers rule!
Why eat healthy foods? Why, to concentrate and feel better while we work, of course!
While you’re here, why not check out some of my Business Blog posts for some handy “How To” tips while that rice cooker is cooking your yummy!