Hey there Business Bloomers! This episode of the TGIF Business Networking Hangout features special guest Annie Cholakian, owner of Silver Moon Bay – Patient Wear that Cares, joining us for another episode discussing how to get your product from idea to market.
About the Topic: Taking Your Product from Idea to Market #2
We will be discussing Annie’s business Silver Moon Bay, why she decided to create designer patient gowns, and how she is marketing them. Some of the topics discussed include:
• How Annie took her designer patient gowns from idea to market. What was the process? What connections did she have to make? How long did it take?
• Going from Wholesale to Retail sales – Annie converted her business from a wholesale model, selling at trade shows, to retail, selling online and through third party brick and mortar outlets. She tells us what motivated her to make the change, and what difference that made in profits.
• Annie’s experiences with paid advertising campaigns – what are some of the online advertising outlets she’s used, what were the challenges she faced in using them, and what she’s learned along the way about creating online ad campaigns.
• Expenses – how much investment it took to have her product brought to market, and what are some of the ongoing expenses of running her business.
• And more, including questions from the audience!
Do You Like This Topic? Add Your Voice to the Discussion!
Click here to go to the event listing over on Google+, where you can post your questions and comments!
About Special Guest Annie Cholakian
+Annie Cholakian is owner of SilverMoonBay.com Patient Wear that Cares, and creator of designer patient gowns – personal hospital gowns that feature pretty and comfortable fabrics, full back coverage, and arm snaps to make it easy to reach places that need to be reached during treatment.
Annie is a fellow Coachella Valley local (greater Palm Springs, CA area), who is also interested in teaching others about the local edible plants that were used as food supplies by the native peoples that lived in the area long ago. She runs a public community on Google+ called “Western Desert Communities Wild Food”, where she shares interesting info and recipes featuring the local native edibles.
About the Host, Meilani MacDonald
Meilani MacDonald is a brand identity and outreach strategy consultant who created the TGIF Business Networking Hangout as a way to do face-to-face business networking beyond local borders. When Hangouts on Air became available, TGIF also became a great forum for providing information valuable to small business owners and solopreneurs via live streaming video.
Meilani also runs Meilani’s Blooming Business Club, a forum through which she brings monthly workshops, lessons, videos, stock photos and more to club members, at a price that’s right for savvy solopreneurs and small business owners on a budget!
Meilani specializes in teaching club members how to market their business online and build brand identity using social media on purpose, with purpose. Club members also learn how to use Google’s powerful and free suite of tools to do business more efficiently and effectively, from in-house collaboration and organization using Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, and Forms, to public outreach and online marketing promotions using Google Hangouts on Air and Google+!
Would you like to learn how to use or host Hangouts on Air?
Private and group lessons available! Contact Meilani to book a workshop or private lesson.
Want Meilani to be Your Hangout Host?
Don’t want to deal with the behind the scenes tasks? Hire Meilani to run the show, so you can just concentrate on being a great host and making a stellar presentation, whether to the public or to your project team. Contact Meilani for more info.
Sponsor an episode of the TGIF Business Networking Hangout!
Sponsor packages run from $50 – $200. Support small business, and get a great shout out on video that you can use again and again. Contact Meilani for more info.